Zen 81mm MIS comes with an Instructor Station, a Mortar Fire Controller Station, a Mortar Position Controller Station and 4/6 ‘to-scale mortars’, all seamlessly integrated with the application software. It facilitates engagement of target by single or multiple mortar platoons with a composition of four/six mortars per platoon.
The system recreates range conditions for the MFC to enable him to acquire target and pass on data to MPC as in actual scenario. The data is applied on mortars and fed into the system. Fault location at each stage is possible and the training is close to reality. The simulator drastically cuts down expenditure on ammunition, fuel, logistics, training time and effort while accomplishing 100% training objectives.
Zen 81mm MIS Features:
- Allows indoor training throughout the year, day/night
- Trains Mortar Fire Controllers, Mortar Position Commanders and Mortar Detachment
- Accommodates 'to-scale' mortars
- Contains various types of static and moving targets
- Provides adequate landmarks/reference points for target indication
- Offers modified binocular with graticules for correction of fire by MFC
- Allows engagement of target by multiple fire units
- Gives a wide choice of terrains with 'to-scale maps' and wide range of environmental effects
- Simulates realistic sounds
- Includes facility for data analysis and fault-finding capability
- Incorporates zoom, look-around, recording, replay and retrieving facility
- Records and stores sessions
- Evaluates individual performance
- Includes exercises to train trainers
Zen 81mm MIS Components:
- Instructor Station with four monitors
- MFC Station with a screen and a projector
- MPC Station with a computer
- 2/4 X ‘To Scale’ mortars with wireless sensors
- UPS, Speakers and supporting hardware
Zen 81mm MIS Versions:
- Zen 81mm Mortar Integrated Simulator (BN): Designed for Mortar Platoons of Battalions where the strength of a Platoon is limited to man 4 /6 Mortars.
- Zen 81mm Mortar Integrated Simulator (MECHANISED): Designed for Mortar Platoons of Mechanized Infantry Battalions equipped with Infantry Combat Vehicles, Armoured Personnel Carriers or Heavy Troop Carriers.